Atiku seeks probe of Kaduna village bombing

2 min read

The Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate in the February 25 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has called on concerned authorities to conduct a thorough investigation into the accidental bombing of locals in the Tudun Biri community of Kaduna State by the Nigerian Army on Sunday.

The former Vice President of Nigeria made the call while expressing his condolences to the families and victims of the accident in a statement on his official X handle on Tuesday.

It was reported that that no fewer than 30 residents were killed in the incident which took place around 9 pm on Sunday.

Lamenting the sad incident, Atiku said, “I am grieved by the news of the drone airstrike that killed dozens of people and left scores of others with various degrees of injury in the Tudun Biri community in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

“Ironically, the victims of this unfortunate incident were celebrating the Maulud anniversary. The incidence of miscalculated air strikes is assuming a worrisome dimension in the country. We need to develop counterinsurgency strategies that will insulate the civilian population from tragic incidents of this nature.

“I call on the authorities to launch a thorough investigation into this tragedy to avert future occurrences.”

While praying for the repose of souls lost in the incident, Atiku called for proper medical attention for survivors and assistance to families of the dead.

He said, “Meanwhile, no resource should be spared in medical attention to the injured and assistance to the families of the dead. I pray that the Almighty Allah comforts the bereaved families and grants the dead eternal peace.”

See also  UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Exam Malpractices

Recall that the Nigerian Air Force had earlier denied responsibility for the attack, but the Overseeing Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, later said in a statement, on Monday, that the General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army and Force Commander Operation Whirl Punch, Maj Gen VU Okoro, admitted that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists when the incident happened.

The statement partly read, “The General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army, Major VU Okoro, explained that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists but inadvertently affected members of the community.”

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
asisat-oshoala-launches-football-academy-in-lagos

Asisat Oshoala, four-time African Footballer of the Year and FC Barcelona Femení star, has announced the launch of the ‘Asisat Read more

Stronger cooperation, partnership, pathways to better world, Tinubu tells G20 leaders
"How to Apply for Tinubu's Student Loan"

President Bola Tinubu observed on Saturday in New Delhi, India, that stronger collaboration, cooperation, and partnerships among diverse regions are Read more

Tinubu orders take-off of Student Loan Scheme September 2023
"How to Apply for Tinubu's Student Loan"

President Ahmed Bola Tinubu has approved the constitution of an inter-ministerial committee to ensure the seamless take-off of the Student Read more

Great loss to Ibadan Oyelade’s death,
high-chief-lateef-oyelades-death

The Agbaofin of Ibadanland, Chief Bolaji Ayorinde, has described the death of Ekefa Olubadan, Senior Chief Lateef Oyelade, as a Read more

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours